Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ran Home the Hilly Way

97 minutes
easy pace
solo - 2:30pm - hot, but cloudy - ran home from the school, but not the direct route down Broadway - I took the least hilly route that is still on trails.....and that's still a very hilly run - from the school, ran the eastern edge of Wonderland Lake, bike path to Linden, little singletrack up to the top of Sanitas Valley, down Dakota Ridge, up and over Red Rocks to Eben G. Fine Park, Up Viewpoint to Panorama Point on Flagstaff Mountain, Flagstaff Trail up a bit, then down Flagstaff Trail to Gregory Canyon, Baseline Trail to Mesa Trail, up the Mesa, Down Skunk Canyon and Vassar to the house - I was runnin' super easy, but I was still very hot and thirsty - I have that good kind of wiped-out feeling - that was the best I've ever felt on that run; it gets easier every time - what used to seem like huge climbs don't seem like such a big deal now - felt great today, but I was dying for some water.