Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rollie-Pollie

75 minutes
easy to moderate pace (closer to easy)
3:15pm - mostly sunny and very warm with clouds around - still had a little headache today and still feeling a bit tired, so I didn't push it today - same up-and-down loop as several recent weekends - lots of hikers out there - I don't think I've ever documented it, but this run always includes a hundred meter spur off of the Shadow Canyon trail to the top of the saddle where the old Mesa trail dives down to Eldorado Springs - I step on the lichen covered rock, stop the watch for a second, catch my breath, and take in the view before climbing the last bit up to the mouth of Shadow Canyon - it was right there where I got a little nauseous, but it passed (hope I'm not getting sick - I don't think so - probably just too much sun this weekend) - twice saw a couple of speed demons with CSU garb on running in the opposite direction - still quite a bit of mud in spots from the soaking rains earlier in the week; rather than tromp through I danced around it in most places - feeling good running-wise, but feeling kind of tired - just need to get used to the sun and heat.