Saturday, December 31, 2005

"Extended Cow Paddies"

Noonish - met Dan-o, of Earlham College Cross Country and Track, for a little jaunt. Warm (shorts), but windy. Warmed up 12 minutes solo before meeting him (I need that - He's 20, so he can "just go". I need to ease into it). We ran what he calls "extended cow paddies" (from Fairview H.S., through the "hood" to the East Shanahan TH, south on the Shan-Blue connector, up lower Big Bluestem, south on the Mesa, east on S. Boulder Creek, to the TH on Hwy. 93, frontage road back into town, Greenbriar to the H.S.). 48 minutes at moderate pace (for me - easy for him). Even though I'm feeling blah today, it's good to turn the legs over more quickly, felt great on the run. It's good to see ol' Dan-o. I'll be trying to run more with him before he goes back to school for spring semester. Then ran solo for 4 minutes of warm-down afterward. 64 minutes total.